Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Friday, July 30, 2004

My awesome secret pal!!

Last night I stopped by Joann Fabrics to get cording so I can make tie-backs for the kitchen curtains--while I was there I noticed they are getting a lot of Patons yarn: pure wool, divine, baby cotton, etc.... I had never felt the divine before, and I don't care if it is part acrylic!!! It is soooo soft and pretty. I wish it was winter so I could make a scarf out of it and wear it right away!! I think a poncho might work...hmmm

Anyway, they didn't have that i-cord making machine in the store, so I bought a Knitting Knobby Spool for $2.00. I figured I would try that before I spent good yarn money on that little machine. It is working very nicely. After about an hour I already had a couple of feet done. Those 6-7 feet will be done in no time!!

So, my story continues....I debated on if I should buy the divine or maybe some pure wool for a little more felting. I decided not too. I was surely rewarded!! When I got home I had a package from my secret pal! She is awesome!!! She sent me a Magic Loop instruction book, a knitting socks with 2 circulars book, and tons of different sock yarn!! I am so excited! I just need to get some size 2 and 3 circs and I am set. I don't remember all the types, but my favorite was the cherry tree hill yarn--very soft, very pretty!! I promise I will take pics this weekend.

I need to start shopping for my secret pal--I know what I want to get her, but I need a visa card to order it and we are waiting on our new ones. As soon as it gets here!! I'm sure she will love it!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger caramelknits said...

Yay for loot!
Can't wait to see the pics of all your new goodies! I missed getting in on the first secret pal, but will probably wait until I have a job before I commit myself. It seems like so much fun.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long