Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Monday, July 26, 2004

Tales of a drunk girl!

Sorry that I am a little behind on posting this morning, but it has been a little hectic at my house....

So, Jeremy has a 'real job'!!!! I could go on tell you about how the one job with all the money he didn't get, even though he was the top pick, because the VP's son knew one of the other candidates, but he is ok with it, so I will be as well....
In honor of him having a real job, we went shopping. I haven't bought work clothes in almost 3 years, and being in a professional environment, I like to update my clothes every so often. We went to the new outlet mall in Aurora, IL and I went nuts at Brooks Brothers. I spent close to $500. Problem is I need to have all the pants I bought hemmed...don't you hate not being able to wear new clothes right away?!

Friday night my parent's took up to Greek Town in Chicago. We ate at The Parthenon. Best Greek Food ever!! I love Greek food, and this place knows how to do it right--saganaki, Spanikopita, Feta, Kalamata Olives, Baklava....mmmm! I was really funny that night since I helped Jeremy and my dad drink two bottles of Roditis (Greek red wine)....I haven't had alcohol in like 7 months...I got the giggles, almost fell off the curb, and fell asleep in mid sentence! My parent's have never seen me in that state--oops! It was fun anyway. So, because I was feeling stellar the next day, I was able to do quite a bit of knitting. I am almost to the shape armholes part of the Little Black Sweater's back. I've been so careful, but I didn't realize my row gauge was off. It's ok, though. I think the original version was going to be a little short, so this gives me the length I wanted!! I love accidental mistakes that end up for the better.


Ok, so I found some wonderful things online and that I had bookmarked and want to share!!

Since the new FCEK has a lot of crochet in it and some of the patterns are cute (but why stray away from knitting?), this may come in handy:


How about that awesome sweater you saw and thought of the yarn in your stash only to find that the yarn is the wrong gauge? Give up? NO!


Left your Vogue Knitting at home and are near a computer?


Want to become an Expert Knitter? Here you go--

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather (http://pixiestikzknitz.blog-city.com)

Congrats to Jeremy on his job!

I love the link for converting gauge. I will definately use that one!

ohhh I love baklava...ummmmmmmm!

11:53 AM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

Thanks for all the links! I've added them to my favorites already! :)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long