Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Monday, July 19, 2004

I'm addicted

When Jeremy was in N.C. last week, I took a little trip to Barns and Noble. Apparently, I didn't think that getting the Fall issue of Interweave Knits was enough knitting related reading material....
I ended up buying the  Family Circle Easy Knitting magazine, the October issue of Knit 'n Style , and the new  Hot Knits Book.  The FCEK had some cute shells and pullovers that would be appropriate for work. There is a lot of Crochet this issue, which I might look into if I ever get bored with knitting (I doubt that!). There were three poncho patterns as well. I am not sure what I think of ponchos, yet. I am not one of those people to knit something because everyone else likes them...maybe if it was a gift.
The Knit 'n Style Magazine  was a new one to me. There were a couple of cute sweaters, but not too many that I was itching to try. There is a really good step-by-step article on how to knit a first sweater. The sweater is actually cute: three-quarter length sleeves and some shaping.
The Hot Knits book had a variety of sweaters to knit. It tries to make the models all sultry and sexy in these sweaters, but I just don't buy it! I would say that I will probably attempt, or at lease put on my list, a good portion of this book, though.
 
Today is our first Anniversary! We are no longer Newlyweds. I took the cake out of the freezer yesterday to defrost, and Jeremy said he is not going to eat it....I think he'll change his mind! We have has the strangest weekend...Jeremy's sister and family is moving to Hawaii on Tuesday (with no money or anywhere to live), Jeremy's grandmother called his sister a nut, we somehow missed the mailcarrier trying to deliver a certified letter on Saturday (who is sending us certified mail?!?!), Yoda was in a terrible nail cutting accident (going to the vet after work), Jeremy may (Cross your fingers) get a job offer (or three) today, and someone got a hold of Jeremy's Discover Card number and tried to go shopping online at Banana Republic (Discover called and let us know--how nice!!). All I wanted to do was relax this past weekend......
 
 

2 Comments:

Blogger caramelknits said...

Congrats on your first anniversary! I was sad to no longer be a newlywed, but we just had our 4th and are looking forward eagerly to our 5th! Being married's the best!

Sad that all that crazy stuff happened over one weekend. Although, I guess not all of it was bad...Knitting will pull you through. :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary. I wish many many years of wedded bliss.

Sorry things got a little crazy over the weekend. It's like the old saying, "when it rains it pours."

Hope the new week will be a great one for you.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long