Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

More Weirdness

Ok, so I think the strangeness of the weekend is spilling over into the week....
 
We picked up the certified letter at the post office yesterday and it is a subpoena for a court case that we have never heard of before now. We think it has to do with the builder or something like that. Guess we'll have to ask the neighbors.
 
My company deposited a 6 Sigma reward check into my bank account, but I have no idea what project it is from....I thought I had gotten everything?! But who am I to scoff at free money...
 
Yoda is fine. I took her to the vet to have her paw looked at and the doctor gave her some antibiotics. She was thrilled to be there...
 
We went out to one of the best Italian food places around here-- Clara's in Woodridge--for our anniversary only to find out it is closed on Mondays. Other than Chinese restaurants, I don't think I have ever known of a restaurant that closes on Mondays. Well, lucky for us, or so we thought,  they just opened a new restaurant in Naperville. The Clara's on the Square just didn't do it. The owners tried to make a more upscale place and replaced their AWESOME pastas with steaks and chicken. I had to special order linguine and marinara sauce, and I won't even get into the fact that they don't serve lasagna at this one.... What a waste. But Coldstone Creamery--mmmm. My first time and boy was it good. Moral of the story--If you are in the Chicago suburbs and want good Italian food (and service)--try Rosebud's!!
 
Ok, so on the knitting front--Nothing to report. As you can see my night was action packed. Tonight I plan on learning the two needle circular knitting so I can do an i-cord for my Booga Bag (I think I would kill myself if I had to use dpns). I also plan on putting the turtleneck on Football Widow. Maybe I will start the Little Black Sweater again tonight. This is all tenative until something weird happens again and throws the whole day out of wack!
 
 



2 Comments:

Blogger caramelknits said...

My friend and I also went to catch Happy Hour at this great Mexican restaurant last night, and guess what...Closed on Mondays! Is this a trend? 'Cause I don't think I like it.

Glad Yoda is ok. There's nothing worse than a pet with a booboo. (Especially when I've inflicted them.) :( He's a great little mascot!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Pop me an e-mail if you need help with the two circs round - it's SO easy, once you get it in your head, you'll be amazed you didn't come up with the technique yourself.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long