Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

It may not look like much to you...

...but this sweater is my first in the round, custom made for me! Remember The Thing? Well, this is my first resulting sweater from it. Obviously, I didn't over due it and went simple. But now I feel comfortable being able to make just about anything I want with the skills I learned from that book. I recommend to anyone wanting to begin designing sweaters. I know, I know, it's not definative, but it's a beginning. So, without further ado, I introduce My Sweater:




Excuse the hair and pj pants...


Pattern: Mine--Based off of skills learned in The Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee
Yarn: Patons Merino Wool in Russett
Needles: Denise Circulars size 7
Notes: Yes, this is the Mariah yarn I purchased. I have quite a bit left over, so I think I'll try matching felted clogs.



I still need to wash and block it, but I am happy with it. It is one of those comfy hang out sweaters. I like the Patons, too. All in all, I think this sweater only cost me about $20. Not bad at all!

The other day Yoda and I went outside to enjoy the nice weather. Now, recall that I don't have a fence, so I have to take her out on her leash. I tried to get some action shots, but the leash is a real hinderance. I'll have to get Jeremy to hold her sometime while I snap away. Until then here are a few snaps from our little photo shoot.





Don't mess with the cutest





Puggy Profile





What's over there?





Can I go potty now--without the camera?




Hey! Get out of my yard!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great, I'm so jealous that you designed your own! Oh and you are such a stinker getting the cotton yarn so much cheaper then me, apparently it pays to have patience... I clearly have none :-)

9:28 AM  
Blogger xmasberry said...

good job! that is a great color on you also.

9:37 AM  
Blogger jillz said...

I love the sweater and it looks very comfy. That's the best kind of sweater. I am definitely putting that book on my wish list.

Yoda! I love her. Ada is at the vet's right now since she got spayed today. It's only the second time she has been away from me overnight since we got her. :(

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long