Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Spring has Sprung

Wow! What a beautiful weekend! The only thing I don't like about the weather turning nice is the yard work. I grew up doing yard work almost every weekend. My parents live on this huge lot with tons of trees, so there was always something to do. I vowed I would have very little 'yard' when I finally bought a house. Jeremy wanted a large yard--so I told him the work is his.

I did help though. We put down almost 100 bags of mulch around the house. That's just around the house. We still have 4 islands and 3 trees to do. My Freelander smells like a cedar closet!

There was some knitting this weekend too:





Hourglass Body


I have to begin the sleeves and then start knitting them on to the sweater. I liked the 390 yards of yarn all in one ball--I didn't have to worry about changing yarns and having loose ends!!

Granted, I will have to put this one away as soon as it is done....I have been thinking about the next project. (Well, of course you knew that--you do it too!). After seeing Kate and Wendy making the Debbie Bliss Tennis Sweater from the new Vogue, I want to make it too. I really liked it in the magazine, but seeing the in-progress sweaters is really tempting me!! I'm not sure how much of an investment I want to make in the cotton cashmere yarn since it is pretty much a 3-4 month sweater. (meaning since it is mostly cotton, I'll only get about 3-4 months of Spring/Summer wear out of it) But if I knit it in wool like I am thinking, I won't be able to wear it until the fall. Maybe Knit Picks will come out with their summer yarns already so I can go 'cheap'!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wishing Knit Picks would put up their summer yarns too!! Hope they have some good cotton yarns.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that Tennis sweater also. I'd like to see how it looks on first!

Glad you are feeling better!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long