Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Friday, August 06, 2004

What can I say...

It's Friday! That should be enough, but I know it's not. So, no strike yestrday. The union has a week to look over the company's "last, best and final offer" and vote on it. I guess if this offer is just not up to par, there will be a strike. I just think one side needs to do something, this is getting to be ridiculous!

No knitting last night. Jeremy and his bestest friend Jeff decided that they and their wives were going to go to dinner. We went to some place in Geneva that I doubt I will ever go again. The waitress was really rude when I was asking about the Turkey Burger. Sorry, I'm a recovering vegetarian! I just want to know how bad the burger will be. And it was bad. I put half a bottle of mustard (literally) on it. I like mustard, but no one should have to eat that much at once. I don't think it was just my food either--everyone seemed a little unhappy.

So, since we went to eat bad food, no knitting. I think I'll get some done tonight since Jeremy asked me to pick up some movies on the way home from work. I also ordered yarn for the Simply Marilyn sweater in the Spring IK.

The Knitting Garden had a sale on some pretty blue DB Chunky Cashmerino, and I just bought it. I don't know what came over me! I am usually very good about not spending money on a whim, but I just put in the credit card number and bought it. Oh, well. I guess I'll be working on that sweater as soon as the yarn gets here. I need a pretty sweater for myself.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll try to post some updates this weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

I love alot of Debbie Bliss' yarn. Especially all the Cashmerino's. They feel absolutely wonderful. Sooo soft. Good luck on your Marilyn sweater. Which IK is that from?
Have a great weekend!

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com

7:33 AM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that yarn! It's just so soft and cozy! Even on sale, though, I don't know if I could have afforded a whole sweater's worth. Go you! I say "Let your yarn whims run wild, so I can live vicariously through you." :D

What color did you get to make the sweater? Love the sweater, too!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long