Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Thursday, August 05, 2004

S-Day

Well, today is the deadline for the big yellow machine company I work for to come to some agreement on the union contract with the union. If that doesn't happen today at noon, the union goes on strike. I haven't heard anything new about the company budging on anything, so I pretty much expect a strike. I wonder what it is like to cross a picket line? I volunteered yesterday to go out to the shop in the event there is a work stoppage. I think it'll be a nice change of pace...

Enough about depressing things like strikes...I went to the new yarn store last night. It was a decent size store. There was a lot of yarn, but I think there was too much Lion Brand. I feel that I can go to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or JoAnn's if I want LB. When I go to a yarn store, I want to see the yarns that I can't get at those stores--Brown Sheep, Debbie Bliss, Rowan, etc. I bought two size 3 bamboo circs for the socks and three hanks of Cascade 220. I am not sure what I am going to do with the yarn, yet, but I am sure it will involve felting. I am sure I'll go back to the store, but I think I may stick to the internet to get what I want--and that's too bad!

So I started on the cuff of a sock with the two circulars. I am just doing ribbing, but I think it is already turning out nicely. I also did some more on the cabled scarf. It is so soft I want to wear it now! I may get weird looks in August, but I will have snuggly softness against my neck....

1 Comments:

Blogger caramelknits said...

Can't wait to see the finished scarf! Let people stare! They're just jealous. :)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long