Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Monday, August 23, 2004

Tons of deals--Warning: Long Post

While I am not feeling entirely well, I didn't want anyone to miss out on my fiber filled weekend.

Saturday was the Great American Yard Sale in Naperville. While I had never been to it before, Sarah had been. She told me to be at her house at 5:45 am. Yes, you saw that correctly. The "doors" were not to open until 9 am! Was she nuts? Actually, I thought so until 9 am rolled around and I saw the line was reaching a mile long (no joke). We got in and went our seperate ways...I hit the craft tent. I saw some needles in sizes that I use all the time, so I promptly bought those. I didn't see any yarn, so I just started wandering. When I called Sarah and her husband Jeff to see where they were, they were in the same tent as the craft stuff. I decided I would go check back in case I missed anything....Um, yeah, I missed a lot! I found these huge cones of wool!!



I also got all these skeins of wool.



All this for the bargain price of $6.25. I was so excited!!

In the book tent, I found a huge basket of vintage knitting patterns and pulled quite a few--only $5.00 for two barbeque books and a ton of patterns!

That was all the knitting stuff I bought, but isn't that a lot?! I also got a barbeque smoker for $15, a brand new Scum Buster, and some sewing patterns.

Sunday was the day Renae and I went to Midwest Stitches Market. When we walked in I felt so overwhelmed!! There was so much yarn! We walked around first to see what was there and then went back to buy stuff. I bought this cute Pick up Sticks Hat kit:



I also bought some patterns:



That was it for the purchases. I know, I know I probably should have bought more, but I was in shock and then I was in sticker shock on some of this stuff.

But, the place I bought the hat kit is a new yarn store to my area. Fringe is about 10-15 minutes away from where I work--Yippee!! I really liked the yarns they had on display at the market, so I am sure the store is even better!! The ladies were really nice, too. That is always a bonus.

Strangest thing happened to me when I was buying the patterns--this one older (well, older than myself) lady asked if I knit. I sais, "Yes" and she said "Good for you!" Huh?

Also, left Midwest Stitches with a Shopfinder:



You may also have noticed that I have changed the layout of my blog....what'cha think? Oh--I almost forgot! Here is the back of Marilyn that wasn't cooperating the other day:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would probably travel from NY to IL for a garage sale like that! How fun! I don't think we have anything like that here.

VaxGirl

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather
pixiestikzknitz.blog-city.com

Marilyn is looking great!

What a haul.

10:48 AM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Love the back of Marilyn (cables rule!). I have that fiber trends sheep pattern. It was SOOOO much fun to knit. I want to knit a sheep of many colors in Manos just to see how he turns out. Enjoy :)

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long