Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Puppy Pimples?

So, apparently little pugs get acne and this is perfectly normal. I feel bad for Yoda--her pimples look painful. You can see there is one by her eye:


She doesn't look very happy this morning!!

I finished the back of Marilyn and decided to move on to doing a sleeve. The front and back are so similar that I don't want to get bored. I thought I had downloaded a picture of the back into Photobucket, but it is not there. Here is a picture of the sleeve:


Pretty quick knitting!!

I went to Hook 'n Needle again last night to get some things for Christmas gifts and my Secret Pal. I am still waiting on yarn for her, but I don't want her to miss out.... Anyway, the more I waked around the store, the more frustrated I became. It is mostly novelty yarns--high priced novelty yarns! Then I was looking through the patterns and she doesn't even sell a quarter of the yarn to make the patterns. I just don't get it....I guess it's back to the internet to purchase yarn.

Happy Knitting today!!

3 Comments:

Blogger IndigoMuse said...

My LYS is the same way about stocking all those over priced novelty yarns. They've dedicated nearly half of the store to them. I guess they're selling and since they're a for profit store, its necessary but sheesh. And yes, they carry a ton of patterns (like Rowan for example) but they don't carry most of the yarns for them. They finally explained that the reason why is they like the pattern and can recommend substitutes that they DO carry. However, they don't always have a comparable substitute :( Keep trying. Elann is always a dangerous but great place to shop...

9:08 AM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

I know what you mean about the novelty yarns. It can get really frustrating to only be able to find $20.00/skein eyelash when all you really want is some plain old wool! Sheesh!

Poor Yoda! Do they make Clearasil for dogs?

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's lynn at mindfulmoderation.com BTW

our pug Cosmo occasionally gets the doggie acne too... not sure what's up with that. It's usually on his chin or along his lower jaw (what little there is of it!)

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long