Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I forgot how much work it is to get ALL the transcripts I would need for grad school applications...Now on to the easy part--the essay.

I know I promised pictures today, but Jeremy moved his computer and didn't get the card reader all setup, so I wait until that is done. Or I steal it for my computer....

I completed Jeff's hat. I used the fuzzy hat pattern from the Yarn Girl's Guide to Simple Knits . I LOVE that pattern--so easy and quick no matter what the yarn. On to the next gift...

I worked a bit on my Glorious Glove. I guess I am afraid of the thumb since I don't get it by reading the pattern. Any one have a good pictoral of how this works? This is what the pattern says:

Thumb placement: K3; with scrap yarn, k next 9 sts and sl back to lefthand ndl. With main yarn, k across these 9 stitches and rem sts in rd. Cont until 2" from thumb placement. Leave stitches on holder...Thumb: Remove scrap yarn to frr 9 sts at base of thumb, then place 9 sts from bottom opening on first ndl, and 10 sts from top on 2nd ndle...



To me I see that if I knit the stitches after I use the waste yarn, and I remove the waste yarn I will get the ladder effect? I don't know. I think I may be over analyzing it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, When you remove the waste yarn, at the same time you pick up the now-free stitches, and since the stitches are not loose, you won't get the ladder effect. Hope this makes sense!
Diana

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, there is a VIDEO here, about halfway down the page:
http://www.diynet.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3053223,00.html

I didn't play it, but it looks like it could be helpful!
Diana

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long