Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Friday, February 04, 2005

Hurray for front loaders?!

Who would have thought that my front loading Whirlpool Duet machine would play an integral part in my knitting? Over at Knitter's Review about Felting and Front Loading Machines. Basically, felting in a front loader takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r. It's because there is no agitator to rough up the yarn. But, there is an upside to a front loader. Ok, at least my brand of front loader. I have a wool cycle. Yes, you heard me right--a wool cycle. The nice thing about it is the low spin. You can wash your woolens, take them out, and they are not sopping wet. This is very nice for blocking pretty cabled scarves:

And a close up:


"But Amanda, how did you take care of the fuzzy felted ends?" you ask. I used a little bit of this on the strands and they cooperated long enough to sew them in.

So, you all miss the Princess Yoda? Ok, here are a couple pictures of her helping me block the scarf:


She was really quite helpful. She moved the scarf around to fit her needs...It was great.

Now, we all know that Yoda is probably one of the most spoiled puppies around, so how much more spoiled can she get? I was reading the new Vogue Knitting magazine (bought with money gifted to me by my mom, so no breaking the agreement) and noticed a small little blurb about the Craft Yarn Council's latest idea. This idea benefits puppies everywhere--Check it out!

Speaking of Vogue Knitting...
I have read that a lot of people are very disappointed in the new VK and that it is going downhill...blah, blah, blah. Come on, people. Are you looking at the garments themselves or the way the outfits are put together? I'm not saying I like everything, but there are four patterns that I would love to knit--all depends on when I get to the others on my list! I think the price is right for 4 patterns. I'll scan some pics later to show you all which I like.

BTW--I hit a bunny this morning on my way to work. I feel awful and I think that is going to set the tone for today, so think good things for me (and for the little bunny).

2 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

The here and there scarf is BEAUTIFUL. The yarn look so soft and snuggly! Your princess puppy obviously knows quality when she sees it. I mean, you DID make it for her, right? My kitties love to help block my stuff too (by laying on it, and kneading it...) Are you going to knit another scarfstyle project?

9:48 PM  
Blogger jillz said...

Yoda is so cute! My puglet, Ada, helps me with my knitting too! Actually, she gets jealous of it and sits on it in my lap while I'm knitting and then makes annoyed noises at me when I try to move her!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long