Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

It's Cold Out There, Baby!

The knitting I have been doing has been focused pretty much on one thing--staying warm! When Elann had their Peruvian Wool Bag Sale, I got so excited that I bought two bags (one black and one grey). I didn't read the details, so I didn't realize it was 60 yards of wool each ball and that the guage was much smaller. I thought I was going to get another Ribby out of it...um no. That's ok, though. This stuff is not very tightly spun and much softer than the original! After looking through a couple books, I found the pattern to knit--Weekend Knitting's Mittens were it:

After braving some snow and cold, I decided that the Glorious Gloves, while pretty, are not warm enough. Boy are these mittens warm, too!

Here and There Cables


My other bag of Highland Peruvian Wool is being used to make this beautiful scarf from Scarf Style

This is how it will look blocked:

Isn't it pretty? Who would have known?!

Thing Update



As you can see, I have been busy learning new skills on "The Thing". I believe this is the front of it in relation to a sweater.

Here is the other side. I am on the cast offs. They are pretty interesting and different. This cord-type cast off could have been used on the Ribby Cardi if I was going to do the roll collar. This rolls no matter what!!


This is a knitted belt. It was actually a really cool technique! I still need to add a button and then put it on "The Thing".

A close up of my first attempt at two color knitting. Not bad if I do say so myself!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the scarf. That was one of my favorites in the book... someday I'll get around to making it. Don't really get what "the thing" is but the two color knitting looks good.
Stay Warm
Kate
http://fiberfever.typepad.com
kate.winslow@gmail.com

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't beleive I found someone who is also making that "thing"! Everyone keeps asking me what it is. I think it's a great way to learn a few new skills. I love the belt - I was surprised as it all of a sudden came together. I have just finished the lace cast-off and will be doing the initialed hem this afternoon. Good luck, hope it was helpful for you! Don't you think that would be a good beginner class once you learn the basics?

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long