By now, you all should have heard about the new KnitPicks yarn collection. Hell, I think I even mentioned it a couple of days ago. Well, within that time, I have received my KnitPicks catalog. I read all the descriptions of all the yarns. I have to say the most impressive part of the catalog was the way they put together a whole slew of projects that would be appropriate for each yarn. It was pretty nice to see what substitues nicely. It looks like the website also has a couple of 'recommended projects' when you look at the details of the yarn. Very neat!
So since I am on my self imposed YNBA, I must use up what I have at home...Speaking of the YNBA, I have come up with some rules. Since I don't have rooms and rooms of stash, I felt that I needed to address such things as running out of stash! Eek! Could it happen? I don't know, but we better plan for it just in case:
1. No purchasing of yarn, needles, patterns, magazines, books, notions to do with knitting.
2. If a gift of money or giftcard is recieved, it may be used to purchase knitting supplies mentioned above. (My birthay is coming up for crying out loud)
3. If finishing of a knitted item is dependent on a zipper, buttons, etc. then those items may be purchased after the garment has been seamed.
4. For gift knitting- An appropriate gift must first attempt to use stash yarn. If there is not appropriate yarn, yarn may be purchased under the supervision of the husband.
5. If stash is depleated durning YNBA, yarn may be purchased for one project at a time.
Let's see how that works out...
P.S. Alias tonight!! I need a personal trainer to help me get the body of Jennifer Garner (She is HOT!)!!