Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Back to Work!

Well, not really. I had yesterday off for MLK Day, but I still worked from home. Makes sense right?

And the school semester has officially kicked off. What was I thinking? I am taking 2 8-eight week classes for the first half of the semester and another 2 for the last 8 weeks. It sounded like a really good idea to sign up for the Saturday morning class from 8:30-12 in Naperville. Doesn't sound so great right now. Funny, but the thing I am most worried about is that I will probably need to get on the toll road and I don't have an i-pass. For those of you not keeping up with Illinois politics and highway travel, there is a situation. Our Governor, he's a gem, has decided that the tolls need to double in Illinois. If we buy one of those handy dandy little electronic transponders that we put $$ on (i-pass), the tolls are the old price. I have yet to purchase one of those little i-passes because my mom is buying me one for my birthday--in February. Maybe we can move that gift up....

My finger is much better! So I did some knitting when I wasn't working yesterday. I made some more progress on the elusive "Here and There Cables" scarf. Don't worry, a picture will ensue when the scarf is done. The reason I am working feverishly on the scarf is that, well, it's cold out there!! I heard there is a town in MN that is -52 degrees (F)--that is without windchill. Damn cold! That and I am to the point on the "Thing" where I start color work. That's new and kinda scary. I want to be able to sit down and take my time learning how to do it. Not rush through it because Yoda has to go out right now!

Think warm!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have had Easy Pass in NY for a while here. There are lots of toll bridges and tunnels around here, so it really makes life easier. No more fishing for money and the Easy Pass lanes always have shorter lines. I don't recall having to pay for the unit though... Good Luck!

VaxGirl

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long