Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Monday, January 31, 2005

Pompeii and such

I just wanted to mention that last night Jeremy and I watched Pompeii: The Last Day on the Discovery Channel. It was actually really good and interesting.

I've actually visited Pompeii and thought it was an awesome archeological site. The town is still only partially unearthed, too. One thing I learned last night was that more than just Pompeii was effected by the volcano and that no lava came oozing down the side of the mountian. I can see this topic being the next big Hollywood Blockbuster. Kind of like Titanic...

I think it is being replayed Tuesday night, so check it out if there is nothing else on TV.


Now, Monica has tapped me to play along in this little music meme. This was hard, but here goes:

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
I think I have no songs left on my computer. When I got my DVD burner, I put them all on a DVD--about 2 GB. When I had a computer at work that could play the DVD, I listened to them at work. Now I can't because my laptop doesn't play DVDs. I don't own an sort of MP3 player, either.


2. CD you last bought?
The last CD I bought was with a gift certificate--Jet. I used to belong to BMG and bought CDs like they were going out of style. Guess they are...

3. Last song you listened to before reading this message?
The last song I heard on the radio was "Breath" by Anna Nalick. It was the first time I heard the song, so thank goodness for those displays on the radios!

4. 5 songs you often listen to, or which mean a lot to you?
About 5 years ago I think this would have been an easy question for me to answer. I barely listen to more than a couple of artists now voluntarily (not on the radio).
a."At Last" by Etta James (Our Wedding Song...even if the DJ screwed it up!)
b."Dream a Little Dream of Me" done by Chicago. (I swear they did this song. I can't find it anywhere, but I know I heard it!!)
c.Anything from Matchbox 20
d.Just about anything by Bush
e."Eine Kleine Nacht Muzik" by Mozart (I think Mozart was one of the first Classical Composers I really liked)

5. Who are you going to pass this onto and why?
I've begun to know some great bloggers on each edge of the US...
a.Heather
b.Kate
c.Melissa


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long