Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

With baited breath...

...You all wait for the finished Marilyn!! But before I put her on display, I wanted to show off the sock I have been practice making:


I was skeptical at first, but it is easy! I am using the 2 circulars technique since dpns scare me to death! I have read posts by others saying to just follow the directions and the sock will happen, and it did!! I can't wait to finish this one. I doubt I will make its mate since this is just a trial--but I do have some yummy Cherry Tree Hill yarn from my secret pal....

Obligatory Cute Yoda Picture (first of many)




Presenting Marilyn!


You can click on the pictures to see a bigger version.


Here she is in all her glory. I was kind of intimidated by her before I started, but she was easy as pie!! I think cables give people this feeling of being very complicated when they really aren't.


Here she is with the collar folded down.


Even Yoda thinks Marilyn is soft and cuddly. She didn't want to move for me to take the pictures.


Here is Marilyn on the body. Please forgive the hair--it was 10pm!


Another cute Yoda picture...Can she get any cuter?!

Final Thoughts on Marilyn...


Ok, so not only did I learn some new knitting techniques, I learned some other interesting things:

  • First, no matter how difficult a pattern looks, if you do it piece by piece, it'll be easy

  • DB Super Chunky Cashmerenio is very soft and nice, but there are TONS of knots!! For as much as this yarn cost, I should not have had to cut out about a balls worth of knots.

  • I need another set of Denise Needles. While I was using the 10 and 10.5 needles, I couldn't use them to start another project. Another set would fix this problem...

  • Cable cast-on is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

  • I shold probably take a finishing class...



Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Now go knit!

5 Comments:

Blogger xmasberry said...

it looks great! that color suits you!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! I can't wait to start mine. How do you like the collar? I was thinking of doing a standard turtleneck.

Patti
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com

4:13 PM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

Wow, Amanda! Marilyn is beautiful! That color is really great on you, too! Too bad about the knots though. Oh well. At least you now have another great sweater.

10:48 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Marilyn is beautiful. Cables are such a joy to knit. I've enjoyed every single one of them on Rogue. I can't wait to finish mine her so that I can get started on Christmas gifts. I hope that I have enough time to finish them all. Here's big high five for a job well done! Good luck studying. I have a grant report due tomorrow that I've put off - procrastinators of the world unite!

10:08 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Marilyn is beautiful. Cables are such a joy to knit. I've enjoyed every single one of them on Rogue. I can't wait to finish her so that I can get started on Christmas gifts (you've inspired me). I hope that I have enough time to finish them all. I got caught making notes about what to make for which family member in a meeting today - whoops!

Here's big high five for a job well done! Good luck studying. I have a grant report due tomorrow that I've put off - procrastinators of the world unite!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long