Suss Knit Kits
So, When I was traveling for business in Peoria, IL, I was uninterested in the project I brought with me. So, I hit the local Michael's store and the B&N across the street. At the B&N, they had just reduced those Suss Knit Kits. I was curious, sue me!
So, I bought a multistrand shawl kit in Aqua (actually, blue). The knitting went pretty fast and I finished more than half of it in the four days I was in Peoria. I am still working on finishing the project, but here are my thoughts so far:
- The bamboo needles are crap. The tip of one of the needles is rough and catches on the yarn.
- All the yarn was based in cotton. I think for the price of the kit (orig $69.99 down to $49.99) was a little high for all cotton yarn....
- It came with about 5 different yarns. All the main stands were cotton, but they were combined with eyelash, viscose, mohair, etc. I liked that I was able to sample the other types of yarns without having to knit a whole lot in each one.
- There are no finishing instructions....This thing NEEDS to be croched around the ourside. Knit entirely in Stockenette stitch, it curls....I will be adding that when I am done....
- Speaking of instructions, they were VERY basic. The kit said it was an intermediate kit, but a beginner could follow the directions and be fine.
- The shawl is becoming very cute, and I may use the pattern again, but I will definately use different yarn
- One last thing, everyone who saw the kit in it's carry all bag thought I was carrying around a Barbie doll!!
I will post pictures when I am done...