Knit!

Steal Me

Where I Can Be Found

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add http://aswansonknitting.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest

A Case of Fiber Fever

Almost Felted

At My Knits End

boogaj

Caramel Knits

Carrioke

ChicKnits

Dogs Steal Yarn

Ei Knit

Eklectika!

Fluffa!

Froggy Knits

Hello Yarn

I'm Knittig as Fast as I Can

Indigo Muse Knits

JStrizzy

JenLa

Knitblog

Knit Happens

Knitche

Little Miss Messy Hair

Mayflower

Passionknit

Pixiestikz

Quixotic Musings

Red Velvet Cake

Sandy's Knitting

Stitchy McYarnpants

The Blue Blog

The Boogie Knits

The Keyboard Biologist Knits

The Knitting Curmudgeon

The Knitty Gritty

Woolflowers

Wendy Knits!

Wovenflame

Yarn Harlot

Ring Around the Rosies

<Knitting Bloggers >

< Purling Puppy Webring! >

< ? Knitter's Review Ring >

< ? chicago blogs # >

Midwest Knitters
Previous | Next
List | Random

Friday, June 18, 2004

Suss Knit Kits

So, When I was traveling for business in Peoria, IL, I was uninterested in the project I brought with me. So, I hit the local Michael's store and the B&N across the street. At the B&N, they had just reduced those Suss Knit Kits. I was curious, sue me!
So, I bought a multistrand shawl kit in Aqua (actually, blue). The knitting went pretty fast and I finished more than half of it in the four days I was in Peoria. I am still working on finishing the project, but here are my thoughts so far:


    • The bamboo needles are crap. The tip of one of the needles is rough and catches on the yarn.
    • All the yarn was based in cotton. I think for the price of the kit (orig $69.99 down to $49.99) was a little high for all cotton yarn....
    • It came with about 5 different yarns. All the main stands were cotton, but they were combined with eyelash, viscose, mohair, etc. I liked that I was able to sample the other types of yarns without having to knit a whole lot in each one.
    • There are no finishing instructions....This thing NEEDS to be croched around the ourside. Knit entirely in Stockenette stitch, it curls....I will be adding that when I am done....
    • Speaking of instructions, they were VERY basic. The kit said it was an intermediate kit, but a beginner could follow the directions and be fine.
    • The shawl is becoming very cute, and I may use the pattern again, but I will definately use different yarn
    • One last thing, everyone who saw the kit in it's carry all bag thought I was carrying around a Barbie doll!!

I will post pictures when I am done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

January 8, 2005-May 8, 2005

Memes

Previous Posts

On the Needles

Knit-A-Long